A Veranda Improves your Quality of Life
Is there any better way to enjoy your garden than from your own veranda? Both glamourous and functional, a veranda is roofed outdoor gallery that has become virtually synonymous with summer. Verandas provide a cool, inviting place to entertain or just relax; with a veranda, garden parties become more sophisticated and your home more welcoming. Build a polycarbonate or glass veranda with walls and you will add a room to your home, to use for entertaining, dining, or even as a home office. Veranda advantages are numerous, so let’s take a look at the top 10.
Top 10 Benefits of a Veranda
- A veranda expands your living space. When you add a veranda to your home, you effectively extend your home’s area. You can use a veranda for relaxation, dining, entertaining, or watching the children play. Add sliding doors and a retractable roof and you get a cosy space to relax and unwind or even work from home. You can also use your veranda to add some storage space to your home, confident that your belongings will be safe from the elements.
- With a veranda, you have an outdoor entertainment hub. A veranda is a wonderful place to relax with your family, but it’s also amazing for entertaining. You won’t have to worry about your guests getting sunburned or your barbecue being rained out, because you’ll have the shelter of the veranda to keep the party going. Attractive and comfortable, a veranda is the perfect spot for all kinds of parties and gatherings.
- Your veranda will provide you with shelter from the elements. When you are in your veranda, you’re shielded from rain and other weather conditions, as well as direct sunlight. You can enjoy your outdoor space comfortably, no matter the weather. And with veranda sun protection measures, you can keep your veranda nice and cool, even when the temperature outside is soaring.
- A beautifully designed veranda enhances your curb appeal. A veranda can give your garden a contemporary aesthetic and since verandas are customisable, you can incorporate architectural design elements that complement your home’s design. Adding a veranda gives your home a completed look that’s extremely pleasing.
- When you have a veranda, you can have a seamless transition from indoor to outdoor living space. Because it’s like adding a room to your house, you can easily access your veranda from inside the house. Verandas allow for a harmonious flow between your interior and exterior areas and they allow you to enjoy nature without ever stepping outside.
- The panoramic views from your veranda allow you to connect with nature. When you do step outside, your veranda will give you an unobstructed view of your surroundings. Bring nature into your veranda by incorporating plants, flowers and greenery into your décor and you’ll create a serene and peaceful environment that connects beautifully with your garden. You can even use your veranda for stargazing, enjoying the night sky through the glass roofing.
- A veranda gives you a private space to relax. Sliding doors and retractable roofs make it easy to enjoy your veranda, no matter the weather conditions. Close the sides and you can hang out in privacy, enjoying your garden without being interrupted. When the weather is fine, you can leave the space open and enjoy the fresh air while still having a space all your own. Outfit your veranda with comfortable seating, hammocks, or even a spa or hot tub, for ultimate relaxation.
- When it’s time to sell, a veranda will increase your home’s value. Homes with verandas are appealing to buyers and having a veranda can set your home apart from other properties on the market. In fact, research indicates that when you add an outdoor entertainment space designed as a room, you can potentially increase your property’s value by as much as 10 percent.
- Having a veranda benefits your health. Stress increases your risk of long-term health issues like heart disease and high blood pressure, but having a veranda gives you the perfect place to de-stress. Spending time on your veranda can also potentially benefit your health and wellbeing, by giving you access to fresh air and sunshine. And if you or any of your family members suffer from seasonal allergies, a veranda offers a place to enjoy your garden without exposure to allergens.
- It’s hard to beat a veranda’s return on investment. Compared to other home additions, a veranda is a cost-effective project. And while you won’t spend a fortune having your veranda installed, you will reap the benefits in terms of increased home value. Because your veranda can add value to your property and enhance its market appeal, the return on investment is significant.
Now that you know how a veranda can benefit your lifestyle, boost your property value and increase your home’s value, don’t you think it’s time to add one to your home? For over a decade, Eliments has been enhancing and improving homes, providing high quality products and excellent customer service to hundreds of happy customers. Founded on a high standard of craftsmanship and commitment to ethical philosophy, Eliments operates from Bell Farm in North Yorkshire, supplying and installing not only verandas, but also a variety of u-PVC double glazed windows, doors, conservatories, orangeries and roofline guttering products. Eliments serves most of the Yorkshire area, including York, Selby, Leeds, Knaresborough, Harrogate, Tadcaster, Pocklington, Goole, Beverley, Howden, Malton, Thirsk, Driffield and the surrounding areas.
Because we have flexibility in our manufacturing process, we are able to fabricate custom-made products that set us apart from other window manufacturers. We create products to suit your property, within a timescale to suit you and all of our windows and doors are manufactured to Veka specifications.