The Security Pack for Double-Glazed Windows
Following Saint Gobain’s glazing options, they have simplified the glass choices into a couple of categories.
Saint Gobain’s Security uPVC Glazing Pack adds security and acoustic features to the double-glazed windows in the Yorkshire area. With the same benefits as the Standard Pack, this option maximises your comfort and security. A STADIP layer on the inner pane of Planitherm Total+ glass increases and prevents shattering while dampening sound. The Security uPVC Glazing Pack is designed for summer and winter comfort while also offering energy efficiency benefits. This pack also has boosted UV protection, safeguarding furniture and window dressing from the sun’s harsh rays.
The Security Pack will raise the Window Energy Rating (WER) to a B or even an A when installed on the average window frame. This window configuration also meets all Secured by Design Standards, the industry standard for security and crime prevention. Learn more about the Security uPVC Glazing Pack.
Each glazing pack offers a specific combination of key functions. The Security uPVC Glazing Pack combines some of the most popular features of window glazing, like energy saving, increased insulation, and noise reduction. The key functions of the Security Pack include:
- Energy Savings: Maximise energy savings on your heating bill with these double-glazed windows, which can reduce heat loss by as much as 50%.
- Winter Comfort: The Security Pack retains heat in the seasons when you need it the most, maximising comfort all year round.
- Daylight Comfort: This glazing maximises natural light transmission, making your home feel brighter and more spacious.
- Security Plus: A double-glazed window with a layer of STADIP film on the inner pane discourages burglars and stops broken windows from shattering.
- Acoustic Comfort: Acoustic comfort keeps disturbing outside noise from penetrating your windows. This pack offers enhanced levels of comfort and noise reduction for homeowners.
- UV Reduction: If you are concerned about the potentially harmful effects of UV rays, your windows can filter out nearly all (over 99%) of the UV rays while keeping your view crystal clear.